Message sent from:

Website Cookie Policy

This website uses cookies. Click here to find out more.

Choose 'YES' to agree to our cookie policy and continue to the website, or choose 'NO' to navigate away.



The 2015-2016 season proved to be a successful year with the football team reaching the final of the 7-a-side League Cup.

The match reports are below.


Gilbert Colvin 1-3 St Aiden's

As the Euro 2016 Finals showed the best team doesn’t always win. Colvin started the game like they finished the semi-final, playing good football and giving everything. A freak goal from the half way line put St Aiden’s in front. The set back only spurred Colvin on and only good goalkeeping and bad luck stopped Colvin equalising and going in front. The second half started in the same fashion, but two break away goals put St Aiden’s clear and it was left to Ethan to get Colvin a deserved consolation goal.

So proud of what the boys achieved this season - that goes for the whole squad, not just the boys who played in these games.


Gilbert Colvin 3-2 Aldersbrook

Colvin produced their best performance of the season to beat Aldersbrook. In a game that was keenly contested it was Colvin’s hard work, effort and passing that bought them out on top. After going behind to an early Aldesbrooks goal, Colvin started to dominate, and it didn’t take long for them to equalise with a goal from Mak. Colvin were now on top and had several chances to score but couldn’t convert, with the Aldesbrook keeper making numerous saves. The second half started like the first with Colvin on top and it didn’t take long for them to add to their goal tally, a goal apiece from Cameron and Callum put Colvin 3-1 up. With time ticking away Aldersbrook rallied to make it 3-2 but Colvin were strong enough to hold on. FINAL HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Done


Gilbert Colvin 3-1 St Antony's

 Gilbert Colvin were in action against St Antony’s in  their latest 7 aside fixture. When the whistle went we  started like we had  finished our last game, fast and  skilful. There were early chances for Ehsan and Ethan  but the opposition keeper was in good  form.  Cameron had a  shot from a long way out which the  keeper again dealt with comfortably. With the game  going end to  end, another chance fell to Ehsan who  this time  finished past the keeper, 1-0 Colvin. Zach  (6R) played  an excellent through  ball to Ethan who  finished with  ease, 2-0 the whistle went for half time.

 The second half started with St Antony’s putting on the pressure, and only a  brilliant save by Mak prevented them from scoring. More pressure from St  Antony’s eventually bought them a goal to get them back into the game. Colvin  upped their work rate and were rewarded with a stunning goal from Cameron  smashing the ball into the top corner from 20 yards. Colvin continued with more pressure but could not add to the score. Final score 3-1 to Colvin.


Gilbert Colvin 10-0 William Torbitt

Gilbert Colvin played William Torbitt in a 7aside league fixture, at home. The conditions were terrible, but the excitement of playing our first fixture was enough to keep us warm. The whistle went and the game started, we started well, passing the ball around and creating lots of chances, but their keeper either saved them or we were off target. Eventually we made the pressure tell with goals coming from Mak, Billy, and Cameron, with another goal being added before half time to make it 4-0.

The second half started with more Colvin pressure, goals continued to flow with Zach and Rayaan being amongst the scorers. Muhammed didn’t have a lot to do in goal, but when he was called into action he did well. The final whistle blew - a convincing victory for Colvin 10-0.

Report by Cameron in Class 6T

Hit enter to search